Terms & Conditions
» Terms And Conditions
- Acceptance of Terms
- This is the www.metmarketing.co.uk website (the "Website") which is owned by MET Partners Ltd (Company Number: 07827877) trading as MET Marketing of Kenneth Hodgson House, 18 Park Row, Leeds, LS1 5JA ("we", "us", "our").
- Your access to and use of the Website is subject exclusively to these Terms and Conditions. Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully.
- We may change these Terms and Conditions at any time, and your continued use of the Website following any changes shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such changed Terms and Conditions.
- The following words shall have the following meanings:
"Content" means any content or material, whether of an audio or visual nature and including but not limited to words, pictures, blogs, comments, biographies, case studies, programmes and podcasts Posted on, by or via the Website;
"Intellectual Property" means all intellectual property rights including, without limitation, patents, designs copyright, trade marks, database rights, rights in and to confidential information and know-how (whether such rights are registered or capable of registration) and any rights analogous to the same subsisting anywhere in the world at any time;
"Post(ed)(ing)" means posting, publishing, sharing, transmitting, storing and uploading and any other such action of a similar nature; and
"Rules of Use" mean the rules of conduct set out in clause 3 which you need to accept prior to the use of the Website.
- Rules of Use
- You warrant and undertake:
- that all your personal and, where applicable, company details are and shall at all times be true, accurate and up to date;
- to not use the Website in any unlawful manner or in any manner that could disenable, damage or be otherwise harmful to the Website or any part thereof (including, without limitation, the introduction of viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful);
- that you shall be solely responsible and liable for all Content you Post to or via the Website;
- that you shall not use the Website to copy, adopt, reproduce or redistribute the Website or any content on the Website in any similar way;
- that you shall not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Website, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Website.
- to not Post any Content on the Website which:
- is in any way offensive, harmful, unpleasant, inappropriate, threatening, fraudulent, defamatory, abusive, discriminatory, false, libellous, unreliable, misleading, harassing, intimidating, infringing, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable (each being an "Objectionable Nature");
- infringes any third party's rights including, without limitation, the Intellectual Property rights of any third party;
- contains any personal or private information regarding any third party, including but not limited to addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, financial information or passwords;
- contains any links to third party websites which are or could reasonably be considered to be or to contain content of an Objectionable Nature; or
- you do not have the necessary permission, licence or authority to Post;
- to not use the Website in any manner which could be deemed to be of an Objectionable Nature;
- in the event that you become aware of any Content on the Website which is or could be considered to be of an Objectionable Nature you shall promptly notify us in writing of such;
- that if you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, to treat such information as confidential, and not disclose it to any third party. We have the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions; and
- to abide by the terms of any notices displayed on the Website in respect of any Content including without limitation confidentiality notices and any other notices regarding disclosure and/or use of certain Content.
- Provision of the Website
- We agree that we shall provide the Website using reasonable skill and care. However, we do not warrant that the Website will be continuously available or have an internet presence at all times and we shall not be responsible or liable in any way for any costs and/or inconveniences caused by the Website at any time being unavailable. We may at any time and without notice to you, suspend, restrict or withdraw your access to the Website, in whole or in part, either on a permanent or temporary basis.
- We do not represent or warrant that the Website or any of the Content on the Website is reliable, complete, current or error-free or that it is free of viruses or other harmful components and you should ensure that you exercise caution in the access, use and downloading of any Content or other such information, material or software from the Website. Any such access, use, downloading or other means of obtaining Content or other material from or through the Website by you is at your own discretion and risk.
- We shall be entitled at any time to remove or change (temporarily or permanently) the Website or any part thereof, including without limitation any Content or other material on the Website which we deem to constitute a breach of the Rules of Use or for any other reason.
- Where links to third party websites form part of the Content, we shall not be responsible and shall not accept any liability for the accuracy, reliability and/or content of the linked website or any link contained in a linked website. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your use of any such linked website.
- You acknowledge that we do not monitor the Content of the Website however where you notify us in writing regarding Content on the Website in accordance with clause 3.1.8, we will review the Content in question and where we, in our sole discretion, deem it necessary or desirable, we shall remove or alter the relevant Content so that it complies with clause 3.1.6 above.
- You acknowledge that we do not create or guarantee any back up or record of any Content or other material Posted on the Website.
- Intellectual Property and Data
- You acknowledge that any and all Intellectual Property in or relating to our business, the Website and any Content belongs solely to us and/or our licensors, as applicable, and shall remain entirely in such ownership, including without limitation the Website design, text, graphics and all software and source codes connected with the Website. Nothing said or done by either party shall constitute the transfer of any such rights.
- In respect of any Content generated or otherwise created by you or on your behalf which is Posted or at any time displayed on the Website, now or in the future, ("User Generated Content") you hereby grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, sub-licensable, royalty-free, perpetual licence to use, adapt, publish, translate, copy, distribute and display the User Generated Content or any part thereof and to make derivative works of it.
- Except as permitted by clause 5.3 below, you agree that none of the Intellectual Property in the Website, including without limitation in the Content and any User Generated Content, may be downloaded, copied, reproduced, transmitted, stored, sold or distributed in any way without our prior written consent.
- You shall be permitted to download, copy and/or print pages of the Website for your own personal, non-commercial home use only which shall be permitted.
- No permission is given by us for use by you or by any third party of any Intellectual Property in the Website, including without limitation any Content, which may constitute an infringement of our Intellectual Property rights or the rights of any third party.
- You acknowledge and agree that you shall not at any time use any of our or our licensors' trade marks, whether registered or unregistered and including without limitation trade names, graphics and/or logo(s), without our prior written consent, such consent to be given at our sole discretion.
- Disclaimer and Liability
- Whilst we shall use reasonable endeavours to authenticate the identity of all and any users who register with the Website (each, a "Registered User"), we cannot and do not provide any warranty or guaranty as to the identity or details of a Registered User or any other third party accessing or detailed on the Website. The Content does not constitute advice in any way and you use the Website at your own risk. We strongly advise that you check thoroughly any details supplied on the Website, including without limitation any details of qualifications supplied on or in connection with the Website, before relying upon the information and/or incurring any costs and/or entering into any agreement with a third party.
- We give no warranty regarding the functionality of the Website including without limitation that the Website will be available on an uninterrupted or error free basis; that defects will be corrected; or that the Website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or anything else which may be harmful or destructive and no liability can be accepted in respect of losses or damages arising out of such. We recommend that you take all appropriate safeguards before downloading information or images from the Website.
- The Website is provided on an 'as is' basis and we do not make any representations or warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or suitability of the Website and/or Content for any purpose. We are not responsible for any loss or damage arising from the use of the Website, including without limitation in respect of any Content, any User Generated Content and any inaccuracy, misleading statement or representation made by any third party information provided for publication on this Website. Except as expressly set out in these Terms and Conditions, all warranties, conditions and other terms implied by statute or common law or otherwise are, to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded.
- You shall be responsible for monitoring all Content Posted on the Website by you and shall ensure that any and all such Content complies with the Rules of Use in clause 3 above. You acknowledge and agree that although we provide Rules of Use for you and all third parties accessing and/or using the Website regarding conduct, use and Postings on the Website, we do not control and are not responsible for any Content on the Website and we are not responsible for any content of an Objectionable Nature which you or any third party may encounter on or in connection with the Website.
- Nothing in these Conditions limits or excludes our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence; or for any damage or liability incurred by you as a result of fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation by us.
- Subject to clause 6.5 above;
- we shall not be liable for loss of profits; or loss of business; or depletion of goodwill and/or similar losses; or loss of anticipated savings; or loss of goods; or loss of contract; or loss of use; or loss or corruption of data or information; or any special, indirect, consequential or pure economic loss, costs, damages, charges or expenses;and
- our total liability in contract, tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty), misrepresentation or otherwise shall be limited to £1.
- You agree to indemnify us and keep us indemnified in full against all liability, costs, claims, damages and expenses incurred by or awarded against us that arise directly or indirectly from your failure to comply with the Rules of Use set out in clause 3 above.
- If you no longer wish for User Generated Content which you have created to be displayed on the Website and wish to terminate your registration to the Website, you may do so by giving us 30 days' written notice, such notice to be sent to MET Partners Ltd of Kenneth Hodgson House, 18 Park Row, Leeds, LS1 5JA marked for the attention of Customer Services.
- Where we receive notice from you in accordance with clause 7 above, we shall use reasonable endeavours to ensure that all User Generated Content created by you is removed from the Website within 30 days of our receipt of such notice.
- General Provisions
- Each provision of these Terms and Conditions is severable and distinct from the others and if any provision is or at any time becomes to any extent or in any circumstances invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason, it shall to that extent or in those circumstances be deemed not to form part of these Terms and Conditions, but the validity, legality and enforceability of all other provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall not otherwise be affected or impaired, it being the Parties' intention that every provision of these Terms and Conditions shall be and remain valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- No variation of these Terms and Conditions shall be effective unless it is in writing, refers specifically to these Terms and Conditions and is executed by a duly authorised representative of each party.
- These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between the parties. Each party warrants to the other that, in entering into this Agreement, it does not rely on any statement, representation, assurance, promise or warranty of any person (whether a party to this Agreement or not) other than as expressly set out in this Agreement. Neither party excludes its liability for fraudulent misrepresentation.
- You covenant in favour of us that you will, at our request and expense, execute all documents and perform all such further acts as may be necessary or desirable to give full effect to the provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
- You shall not assign, transfer or sub-contract any of your rights or obligations under these Terms and Conditions to any third party without our prior written consent.
- A person who is not a party to these Terms and Conditions has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any terms of these Terms and Conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any disputes which may arise out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions.
- Contact Us
- If you have any queries or concerns about the Website or any material which appears on our Website, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to MET Partners Ltd, Kenneth Hodgson House, 18 Park Row, Leeds, LS1 5JA